Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life Before BlackBerry

Honest to God, I don't remember life before my BlackBerry...

I've had it 48 hours now.

I used to lump BlackBerry owners into this stereotype: CEO's, lawyers, doctors, career women, professional students, and pastor's wives.

I'm a SAHM. SAHM's don't need BlackBerrys...or so I thought.

The only reason it captured my interest is because I recently learned that there are only a few phones that support downloadable books from the library. How cool would it be to download a whole book - right to a phone???

Today I had to stop into Target. I, of course, left my list at home where ALL my lists live AND stay. They don't get out much. Not because I plan it this way...actually, I always have high aspirations for my "To Do Lists". Lots of traveling and adventure from place to place...but they must be very socially inhibited because the minute I get distracted from my lists, they quickly hide underneath other, more important papers...or they wad themselves up and scurry to the very bottom depths of my purse. There, they bond with the gum wrappers, cell phone, and car keys.

Back to Target...

I had left my list at home and needed to add more to it. Ah ha! There must be something on this fancy-shmancy newfangled device that can help me. I found the "Voice Notes" icon. I selected this and hit the record button. As I walked through Target, I made a voice list of all the items I needed - played it back up close to my ear and hit every item on my list!! It's like having a second ME!!!!

My husband says that a slang term for the BlackBerry is "CrackBerry". I am now his CrackBerry Girl. I look forward to a long, happy relationship...just my BlackBerry, my Starbucks and I :-D

No comments: