
I made the mistake once of telling God that I did NOT want to live a boring life! I was a teenager.
It's obvious to me that He was listening back then. Now, however, I think I could use a little less drama. But I am afraid to say anything to God, because sometimes He answers in extremes and He just might remove ALL drama from my life...then I'd be dead. In moments like I'm about to share...I console myself with the thought that it could be worse...I could be dead...and the drama continues.
Sunday afternoon I was again exhausted and needing a nap in the worst way. I cooked Sunday dinner for my family, trudged into my room, dropped the skirt half of my outfit to the floor where I stood, and crawled into the bed, whispering words of relief, as I gratefully sank into my pillows.
45 minutes later my cell rings. Drat! I had forgotten to turn it off before my nap. Oh well, I see it's the pastor calling. I obviously cannot ignore the pastor. I answer. He asks to speak to my husband. I look over to his side of the bed and see that he is not there Sunday afternoon napping with me as usual.
Listening for sounds of life from my kids...and hearing none...I venture out into the house wearing only my average cotton shirt and undergarments, with the pastor still on the phone I am carrying.
My husband is not napping on the couch. He's not in the kitchen. I round the corner to the study...and lo...he is sitting there chatting with one of his buddies.
Too late!! Simultaneously, I holler out God's name, grab the front hem of my little shirt and yank as hard as I can toward my knees (it only made it about 3 inches), and throw the phone at my husband yelling, "It's the pastor calling for you and by the way...YOU ARE DEAD!!"
I do not believe in divorce (for myself).
However...
My husband has died recently and is now buried in the back yard. The memorial services will be held this Wednesday at 10 am. Everyone reading this blog is welcome.
How did he die? A severe cell phone injury to the head.
.jpg)
3 comments:
Bonnie, that is hilarious. That reminds of the time I can down the stairs with the tail of my dress tucked in my undies and my husband and a friend were sitting at the bar.
Oh my word! That is so totally like your luck. I would have loved to have seen your face. Love you!
Girlfriend, this one is sooo totally funny. As I writing this I've been laughing like crazy. I have no problem picturing you throwing the phone. I sure Nathan started laughing as you ran for cover. Ha haaaa.... Loved it.
Post a Comment