Thursday, January 22, 2009

Medical Diagnosis


We are a home school family.
In my humble opinion, it is one of the toughest jobs.
In this order...

President of the USA
Brain Surgeon
Home School Mom

I insist upon a neat, orderly learning environment, set school hours, rules of conduct, completed homework assignments, and clean, sparkly students. :-)

The only serious variable to our daily routine, comes packaged in my four-year old who has her very own quiet play area. She has her own book shelf, puzzles, coloring supplies, baby supplies, fully-stocked kitchen, toy bins, and dress up area.

I was sitting at my desk trying valiantly to multitask. I was giving a Dictation Quiz to my 7th graders, grading a math test, and listening to my 2nd grader read aloud...all at the same time.

Suddenly, I felt a stethoscope pressed to my belly, then to my heart, my arm, my neck...
I ignored it all hoping that a silent patient would cause the good "Doctor" to lose interest.

Next, two fingers on my left hand were being bandaged for some mysterious injury. I kept working...

Then a thermometer was rudely shoved into my mouth in the middle of the Dictation Quiz...TWICE!

The reflex knee-knocker thingy was next.

My reflexes were being seriously tested...in my shoulder, my belly, my back, my neck...

I was seriously hoping a diagnosis was coming and end this very thorough medical exam SOON!

Finally, a syringe full of "medicine" was shoved half-way down my throat, and I finally turned my complete attention to the fully-dressed "Doctor" at my side and waited for her to finish dispensing medicine.

When she retracted the syringe I looked at her in exasperation and said, "Well, am I sick??"
Without missing a beat, as she put all her tools away she replied, "Nope! You're DEAD!"

4 comments:

Cylinda Nickel said...

Lol- love it- much needed humor today!

Anonymous said...

how cute

Rachel Coltharp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Coltharp said...

That is sooo great. Unlike you... I'll be doing the chaotic loosy goosey math one day science the next approach to home schooling! But hopefully I wont be DEAD!!!! hahahah