Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Snippets...

I like to read...no actually, I LOVE to read. Okay...okay...would staying up till 6 AM reading a book I can't put down, knowing full well that four darling children are going to awaken in approximately one hour in a very needy condition be considered a reading obsession???

I decided to begin a frequent gathering of some of my favorite literary snippets. I hope that if you are a fellow obsessive reader, you will share some of your snippets as well...

Calories are calories, whether they come from apples or chocolate fudge.

~The Calorie Counter


Some folks wear their halos too tight.

~Mrs. Miracle - Debbie Macomber



The battering ram of revelation...

~
The Power of a Praying Wife - Stormie Omartian


The mundane man resembles a great ship made for the mighty ocean but trying to navigate in a millpond.

~Some things I Wish I'd Known - T.F. Tenney


One of life's greatest tragedies is a person with a ten-by-twelve capacity and a two-by-four soul.

~Some Things I Wish I'd Known - T.F. Tenney


The drama of the mind...

~Belinda Alba's blog


Did you ever stop to think that a dog is the only animal that doesn't have to work for a living? A hen has to lay eggs, a cow has to give milk, and a canary has to sing. But a dog makes his living by giving you nothing but love.

~How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie


Few human beings are proof against the implied flattery of rapt attention.

~How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Heather, your sensational sister-in-law. Dad sent me your blog link so I check it at work periodically. It lightens my day between the humdrum of pine snake research and pillaging through the break room refrigerator (no name = community property). I just wanted to share, by request, a quote from a book I've been reading. The quote is in relation to thankfulness.

"In a Christian understanding of contentment, we must see contentment in relation to these things. To summarize, there is a personal God. He is my Father since I have accepted Christ as my Savior. Then surely when I lack trust, I am denying what I say I believe. At the same time, I say there is a battle in the universe, and God is God. Then, if I lack trust, what I am really doing is denying in practice that he has a right, as my God, to use me where he wants in the spiritual battle which exists in the seen and the unseen world. The trust and contentment must be in the Christian framework, but in the proper framework the CONTENTMENT is deeply important."
True Spirituality - Francis A. Schaeffer

Bonnie Jean said...

Mrs. Craft,

I am so honored that you take time to stop by in all your busyness. Thank you for sharing from your current book. I think that was deep & thought provoking. Please tell Kyle we said hello.

b