Thursday, July 10, 2008

Texas BEST!

As all of you know, I am a transplanted Yankee. I used to have a bumper
sticker on my old Suburban that read,
"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could."

This September marks my 10th year in Texas
and I must say it has been quite a trip!
I don't know if the fact that I have
produced TWO Texas-born children in this great state,
moves me any closer to a "Texan" status...
but I have a great love and respect for Texas.
There are two types of food I would never try to touch
anywhere else...BBQ and Tex-Mex.
No one else can come close.

We celebrated my mother's birthday
at a local favorite BBQ spot.
I took several pictures to share. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Bonnie!!
Texas is the best! At least this Texas Proud lady thinks so. Also you are making me hungry for BBQ. I like Tin Roof, but think Spring Creek is better. To each is on. Glad I found your blog.

Judy Hogan

Cylinda Nickel said...

I suddenly want BBQ :)