
Today I awoke with a purpose.
TODAY, I decided I was going to be perfect.
So....
I woke up and instantly began thinking positive thoughts.
I poured my coffee (NO sugar) and dutifully knelt before my God and thanked Him for my blessings.
I made sure the kids got breakfast, and I drank a low-fat, soy protein shake with only 160 calories.
I went to my aerobics class and sweat for an hour.
I got snippy with my husband and quickly changed my attitude.
I did four loads of laundry
went to the paint store
made lunch
ironed the runner for my kitchen table
got my daughter off for her play date
remembered to pray while I ironed
straightened the living room
painted my kitchen in bits and patches all day
set out the meat to thaw for dinner
watched my calorie intake all day
drank plenty of water
didn't gossip
didn't think critically of others
didn't yell at my kids
and it was almost 4 pm!
A few more hours to go and my perfect day would be complete...
That is until...
I moved the ladder in my brand new kitchen...
and forgot that the paint pan...
was still on top...
and down, down, down came the paint pan...
turning the whole front of my lime green and white outfit a lovely yellow
and splattering my new kitchen cabinets, tile, grout, carpet, dishwasher, and oven with a lovely yellow design.
Sometimes...life just gets in the way of perfection.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Amen girl- Amen.
Who needs perfect when we have coffee and Jesus anyway :)
Post a Comment