Monday, June 30, 2008

The Lights Are On...But No One's Home


I was sitting in church last night feeling like I could crawl under the row in front of me and sleep like a baby. It had been an incredibly busy week last week, and I was burning the candle at both ends.

I always take notes during the sermon because it helps me retain more long-term. My eyes were tired and I decided to use my reading glasses for support. I reached into my purse, pulled out my glasses, put them on and began writing.

As I was pulling my glasses out of my purse though, I happened to glance at my sister who was watching me with an odd expression. I mentally shrugged it off assuming she hadn't seen my new reading glasses before.

I had written about a paragraph in my little, pink notebook, when my daughter leaned over and whispered, "Mom, why are you wearing your sunglasses in church?"

My pen stopped and I slowly reached up to feel the frames on my face...sure enough the world was indeed quite a bit darker AND I was wearing my HUGE framed sunglasses, sitting in the second row!!!

My daughter, sister, and I convulsed with laughter as I tried to discreetly pull the shades off my face and replace them with the appropriate reading glasses. Do I even want to know what my pastor was thinking???

1 comment:

Cylinda Nickel said...

That is the best ever!! Love it- sounds like something I would do :)