I first heard this phrase used by a friend who recently moved. I felt it was a bit dramatic at the time...probably because I hadn't felt the pain of moving in 9 1/2 years and time had dimmed the experience...sort of like child birth. NOW, I look back in complete empathy! Dramatic??? Not. There is a living condition called Box Hell. I just came from there. Ugh! I was a complete wreck. I couldn't sleep...and had bad dreams when I did doze, my prayer life was shot, and Patience somehow got packed away amongst the stuff.
I am proud to say that with bulldog determination, I have unpacked everything except for 4 boxes!! Woo hoo...in just 2 weeks (this doesn't count the 2 1/2 weeks prior of PACKING)! I even went a whole night without sleep and just kept unpacking! I was without internet for 2 weeks, and it felt like walking through Wal-mart naked. I NEED the web like I need food and clothes. lol!
Isn't it funny how even in the midst of great blessings and joy there is still an ever-present, little companion named W-O-R-K?? My husband is famous around our house for saying, "Anything worth having, is worth working for."
Smart man! :-)
Abide= Stay, Stand, Dwell, Remain
-
The word *Abide* is not the top trending hash-tag on twitter this week. In
fact in 2012 it goes against our very nature. We hit a bump in our road- we
pack...
13 years ago
.jpg)
2 comments:
I want to see pictures of the new house- did you stay in the same city and just move to another house?
I moved two minutes down the street.-lol-we just simply outgrew our house. We love our community...
:-)
Thank you for reading, Girl!
I PROMISE to post updated pics as soon as I get the kitchen painted.
Speaking of which, I'm doing that now...gotta get back to it 'fore my brush/roller dries.
Post a Comment