Monday, June 23, 2008

Bonnie & Clyde and Pixie Dust Tales

Saturday, my husband and I had the very rare occasion to spend an entire afternoon alone. God sent an angel to our house this past weekend. The angel took our 4 sweet children to the museum. The angel's name is Uncle Terry... *grin*

As we were racing down highway 59, I spotted an antique furniture store I have been wanting to go into for the last 10 years, but never have. It is an out-of-the-way kind of place that one always says, "I'll catch that store NEXT time. I've been saying that for a long time...

On Saturday; however, as once again we go zooming past...I screech, "I want to go into THAT store right now...not later!" My husband jumped in surprise at my outburst, then muttered, "I HATE it when you do this. Now I have to drive 5 miles and find some place to turn around." I just sat grinning in anticipation.

We pulled into the parking lot and I jumped out eagerly and headed straight for the bottom floor of the warehouse. When I walked in the door, I stopped and fell instantly in love. She was hot and dusty, but as I walked over she sweetly locked eyes with me and rolled over asking politely for a belly rub. I was a gonner. I told Nathan that if I could have any doggie, I would choose one like her. She had another doggie companion next to her...and he was cute, but I loved her.

I shopped around a bit, then headed up to the second floor. when I opened the door, there was a flyer with her picture on it. It told the story of how these two babies were abandoned in the woody lot on 59. They needed a good home. Their names????

Bonnie and Clyde.

It was all the sign I needed. I scooped Bonnie up in my arms and brought her home. Bonnie and Clyde have spent two months in the bottom of the hot warehouse waiting for their angel to arrive. Clyde's angel showed up and took him home that very day as well. I guess that in some tales Bonnie and Clyde get to live happily ever after...



My daughter re-named her Pixie. After all, we don't need TWO of us to come running when THE MAN calls!! There are some things my pride just will not allow!

2 comments:

Cylinda Nickel said...

How cute!! They look like they are daschund mixes- - I am jealous!

Bonnie Jean said...

Actually, Clyde is completely short-haired and I do not have a picture of him. These are both shots of pixie after we brought her home. :-) She really is a doll-baby!