When I finally reach that Holy City, and after I have danced myself into a drunken stupor of pure joy, relief, and happiness...I plan to make the rounds. I have SO MANY people to thank for their direct influence in my life. Most of them I have never met in person...but I feel like I know them so well. How?? By the books that they have written that have changed my life! Not one of us is self-made...we are made better by those who invest in us.
The current author I am reading has so completely impacted me, that I will never be the same. In her book she uses the phrase "the battering ram of revelation". I LOVE this and I will apply it to my prayers forever. Another sweet friend of mine recommended (to her immediate circle of friends) that one RUN - not walk to the local Christian bookstore and buy these books immediately. I add my emphasis to hers...RUN, NOW!
Of course books sitting on the shelf do not have the same affect. They must be read, re-read, prayed over, well-marked, meditated upon and of course APPLIED. I have already seen the fruits blossoming in my own marriage and my own personal life. Who IS this author, you ask??
Stormie Omartian
The Power of a Praying Woman
The Power of a Praying Wife
I know you will never read this, Stormie...but thank you for pulling me deeper in my walk with God.
I do NOT worship God because I am perfect...but because HE is perfect and chooses to love me still!
Abide= Stay, Stand, Dwell, Remain
-
The word *Abide* is not the top trending hash-tag on twitter this week. In
fact in 2012 it goes against our very nature. We hit a bump in our road- we
pack...
13 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment