
Monday morning...my husband is late for work and NOT happy. I lay in bed trying to feign sleep because I already know ANY comment I make will solicit a not-so-happy response. Finally, my desperate need for coffee gives me the bravado I need to engage the negative forces still rummaging around in the darkness for clean socks. Guilt ungraciously pipes up and whispers to my mind that he wouldn't have to rummage IF I had caught up on the 15 loads of laundry (currently mating and reproducing in my garage) last week like I had purposed. I wonder if authorities would arrest me if they knew I was secretly running a "laundry mill" in my garage. Unfortunately, no one wants to pay $500.00 for a dirty load of laundry, even if it comes with papers. The nice part is that laundry lies quietly and doesn't poop or bark.
So, I inhale and carefully prepare to release a lovely happy stream of encouragement and strength to my still rummaging, handsome husband who works so hard everyday to provide well for his family.
In my mind I formulate the words, "Good Morning, Sweetheart. Is there anything I can do to help?" Imagine my horror when I hear another woman in the room obnoxiously state the obvious, "You're late. Did you stay up too late?"
Inside I coil in defense ready to ring out the warning of an intruder in our house when I realize that the "other" woman was actually not in the room, but inside my own mouth!! You know people say and do a lot of bad stuff when they are addicts. So today I am coming out of my closet of addiction to admit that I am an addict!! Honey, if you are reading this today...please know that the "other woman" has been affectively dealt with and checked into Coffee Addicts Anonymous. Please do NOT hold her responsible for any ignorant comments made from lack of a decent "shot' of coffee.
I would like to repair the damage of stupidity by saying, "Good Morning, Sweetheart. You are looking exceptionally handsome today."
.jpg)
3 comments:
Hey girl- Great Great writing. We need to link our blogs!!
Love your guts-
Cylinda
Oh good! Something new to learn! Um, I am squeaky-new to blogging and have absolutely no idea how to "link" blogs. But I'd love to...show me how.
Thank you for the sweet comment.
{{Hugs}}
LOL... I love your writing girl, you crack me up! I too have personally met this "other women" at my own house! :)
Love ya!
LD
Post a Comment